inn2: innfeed silently dies when logfile reaches 2G

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Aug 23 15:03:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

> That issue can easily be fixed (adding innfeed.log in the scanlogs
> rotating process).
> However, to be optimal, it would need a Shell parser for innfeed.conf
> (in order to retrieve the value of the log-file: parameter).

Considering the amount of work needed and the benefits of it,
I finally reckon that the easiest way to achieve that is to use
something like:

    grep "log-file" ~/etc/innfeed.conf | sed 's/\s//g' | sed 's/.*:\(.*\)#.*/\1/'

with a default to innfeed.log if there is no file named like the result
of this grep command.

I will soon implement that and create a decent man page for scanlogs.
I will also clean up a little scanlogs (I have also noticed that send-nntp.log
and send-uucp.log are not rotated well:  only the first log backup is kept).

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Non qui parum habet, sed qui plus cupit, pauper est. » (Senèque)