managing `innd' to read `inn.conf' from an alternative location

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:06:17 UTC 2007

 >> I have a strange wish: could there be a way to set ``xrefslave:
 >> true'' on a per-group basis?

 > Well, if you want a hack...

 > You could run two installations of INN (easily on separate machines, or
 > with some careful planning on the same maching),

	IIUC, in the latter case, I'd need to prepare a separate
	`inn.conf' for the second copy of `innd', roughly with most of
	the `path*' parameters pointing to different locations (so not
	to clash with the first copy of `innd'.)

	However, it seems that no alternative location for `inn.conf'
	could be specified to `innd', at least as of the Debian `inn2'
	package, version 2.4.3+20070806-1.  Thus, the questions are:

	* is there support for overriding the compiled-in location of
	  `inn.conf' for `innd' in any other (newer) version of INN?

	* what else may prevent me from running two copies of `innd'
	  from the one installation?

 > as follows:

[...]