active INN VCS repositories

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 04:12:06 UTC 2007

 >> I see, it's the SVN repository where the development of INN
 >> currently takes place?  I wonder, why a ``traditional'' VCS was
 >> chosen for this task?  In my opinion, using distributed VCS makes
 >> the benefits of VCS available to all the interested people, and not
 >> just to the holders of the commit-keys to the repository.

 > Because when I moved INN from CVS to Subversion, none of those other
 > revision control systems had been invented yet

	Since inn-2.4.3.tar.gz contains a pointer to a CVSup repository,
	I concluded that the transition has happened fairly recently.

 > except for arch, which is almost unusable.

	I use Arch for my projects for about a year and a half.  While
	it was somewhat troublesome to learn, it, in my opinion, paid
	off by now.  It's somewhat OT, but could you explain what
	difficulties you see are there with GNU Arch?

 > I still don't personally know git.  It's on my list to learn, but as
 > you can tell from my lack of activity on INN, I have almost no free
 > time to pursue things like that.

	It took very little time for me to learn the basics of Git,
	Mercurial and Bzr, although I've been using Arch for more than a
	year by that time, so the basic concepts of DVCS (and I deem
	them to be quite hard to get in) were already known to me.