Support of files/raw partitions > 4Gb

Kirill Berezin kyb at online.ru
Tue Feb 6 09:41:06 UTC 2007

I am talking about both cnfs and buffindexed buffers.  CNFS seems
working fine with 64 bit offset. But buffindexed method requires a
little change to support a correct reading of buffers' length over 4
Gb.  Constant at line 316 of buffindexed.c must have an explicit type
conversion:

len = strtoul(l, NULL, 10) * 1024;     /* This value in KB in decimal */
                                             ^ must be `(off_t)1024`

But I'm not sure about a correct work of buffindexed method with raw
partition about 13Gb .

kirill