bypassing checkincludedtext in v1.7.x

Kurt Albershardt kurt at nv.net
Thu Feb 22 03:29:12 UTC 2007

Running 1.7.2debian-31 on a new system after a couple years of using v2.3 & 2.4 to serve a single local group with low traffic.  Seemed like a good match.

One of our users reported '441 Article not posted -- more included text than new text' coming back at him.

After finding a few discussions of this in the archives pointing at checkincludedtext, I went looking in the docs for 1.7 and found nothing, but 2.4 offered some hope so I tried adding

checkincludedtext: no

and also

checkincludedtext: false

to inn.conf -- but no change for the user.

How do I disable checkincludedtext in v1.7?

--thanks