Help of INN doing by errlog

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Nov 6 19:20:26 UTC 2007

Hi Gert,

>> > Nic.near.net\
>> > :*,!junk,!control*/!foo\
>> > :Tf,Wnm:
>>
>> Don't you want there:
>>
>> :Tm:Innfeed!
>>
> You mean a extra linie for this or what ?

If you want to use innfeed to send articles to nic.near.net,
you have to write:

Nic.near.net\
:*,!junk,!control,!control.*/!foo\
:Tm:Innfeed!

I do not know whether "foo" should be kept, but it does not matter.

>> First, make sure that it is /var/log (and not /varlog).
>> Then, make sure that the directory /var/log/news/path exists.
>>
> It was a misstyping from it is set as /var/log/news

Well, just copy/paste what you have in your config files.
Otherwise, it is very difficult to find out what is wrong
with your news server.

> I have just used the line from the newsfeed file and now deleted the /path/
> so it is /var/log/news/inpatchs.%d
                         ^^^^^^^^

Please do not use "inpatchs" but "inpaths" and do *not* delete the
« path/ » directory since it will be used by sendinpaths...
You must keep /var/log/news/path and inpaths.* files, as specified
in the newsfeeds sample!

The script does:

cd ${MOST_LOGS}/path
LOGS=`find . -name 'inpaths.*' ! -size 0 -mtime -$report -print`

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Du potage : c'est tout ce que le cuisinier a pu faire !
  -- Ce blocus devient très horripilant !
  -- Blocus, c'est ton cuisinier ? » (Astérix)