problem with readers.conf

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Nov 18 18:55:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Javi Pardo wrote:

> First, Im sorry for my bad english

That's all right, we'll do our best.

> I ham in this moment INN2.2.3 with public access and varius privates
> access (for diferents groups)
> In this moment i have other experimental server with INN 2.4.3 for
> migrate the actual INN server

> I have in this moment implemented this reader.conf (posted in the final
> of this post)  but not work...

I see several problems with the readers.conf you posted.  I think the
concept you're missing is about how auth blocks work.  It's like this:

  - a connection comes in
  - INN looks at the IP address and compares it to host: lines
  - the last matching auth block is identified
  - only that block is used -- INN does not continue on to others

So probably you need fewer auth blocks with more complexity in each one.

It's hard to give you specific advice because I'm not sure exactly what
you're trying to accomplish.  Do you have an old nnrp.access that gives
the desired behavior?  That might help us figure it out.  Otherwise, can
you describe in detail what you intend?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org