problem with readers.conf

Javi Pardo dakota at dakotabcn.net
Sun Nov 18 20:05:12 UTC 2007

Jeffrey M. Vinocur escribió:
> I see several problems with the readers.conf you posted.  I think the
> concept you're missing is about how auth blocks work.  It's like this:
>
>   - a connection comes in
>   - INN looks at the IP address and compares it to host: lines
>   - the last matching auth block is identified
>   - only that block is used -- INN does not continue on to others
>
> So probably you need fewer auth blocks with more complexity in each one.
>
> It's hard to give you specific advice because I'm not sure exactly what
> you're trying to accomplish.  Do you have an old nnrp.access that gives
> the desired behavior?  That might help us figure it out.  Otherwise, can
> you describe in detail what you intend?

Hello Jeffrey!

Ok,  I describe the actual configuration of INN 2.2.3 and the new
requeriments

INN 2.2.3

Groups publics without Password with Read Write permissions
Private Group "A" with 20-30 users
Private Group "B" with 10 users

INN 2.4.3
The config are equal except the groups publics, without password all
groups except 1 group are only readables, with password are writeable

the nnrp.access are simple:

%DEFINE0:*,!PRIVATEA,!PRIVATEB
%DEFINE1:PRIVATEA
%DEFINE2:PRIVATEB

# ACCESS WITHOUT USER/PASS
*:RP:::%0
#USERS FOR PRIVATE A
:RP:USER1:PASS1:%1
[...]
#USERS FOR PRIVATE B
:RP:USER2:PASS2:%2
[...]

I need migrate this config to readers.conf, but the problem are with the
auth with pass, private A works, but privateB no... i have read the man
for reader.conf and others webs but i no have solution

Thanks!