Proposing peer Network support and software support

Robert Joosten robert at ml.erje.net
Sat Oct 6 10:47:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

> I just feel that expire, introducing a load spike, is an intrinsic
> limitation on the capacity in servers running INN.

Hmm, when I saw your post I was thinking of a recent openldap paper[1].
They use berkeleyDB as well. They saw a performance improvement using 4.6.x

Maybe that offers perspective. I did a quick rescan of the archives of
this list some weeks ago and I remember seeing a bugreport compiling inn
against db 4.6.x . iirc though ! I presume BDB is a key factor in expire()
.

Regards,
Robert

[1] http://www.openldap.org/pub/hyc/LDAPcon2007.pdf