INN and SSL

Todd Olson tco2 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 17 13:58:33 UTC 2007

Hi

For a couple years now we have been running a small INN server using

   inn-2.4.2-STABLE-20050315

We would now like to deploy reader SSL support.

I could either
    a) recompile this code with SSL support
or
    b) get and compile the latest code (either release, or stable)

My concerns are
    1) is the SSL support in (b) meaningfully better than in (a)
    2) does (b) introduce new issues/bugs that I have not had to face in (a)

We are using a fairly default install on solaris 9 sparc including
    tradspool
    tradindexed
with some use of readers.conf auth res: and auth: call outs to external programs for auth{entication,orization}

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Todd Olson
Cornell University