Need help to debug a network/nntp issue

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Oct 19 18:53:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, The Doctor wrote:

> I install inn-stable-20071019
>  this morning and suddenly when I telnet into port 119
> on the news server, it is taking a long time to give a server greeting.

This sounds like it could be a problem with reverse DNS (or identd, if
you are using identd on your network).  Could your networking changes have
inadvertently affected some sort of firewall-type thing?

In your news.notice, are incoming hosts being logged by hostname or by IP
address?

> I see feeders coming in but no nnrp access for the LAN.

How does your readers.conf expect to identify those connections?  I wonder
if this is related to the above.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org