Readers.conf ad userlist

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Oct 21 23:28:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Gert Koefoed Andersen wrote:

> I trying to make INN to give user access for active and make a script for
> users and passwd file.
> I have this in my readers.conf
>
> Access "read-only" {
> 	users: "*@*.*"
> 	read: "about.this.server"
> }

If that is your entire readers.conf, it is fundamentally inadequate...to
start with you need at least one auth block.  I don't have time to go
through a detailed tutorial right now, but if reading the manpage
carefully doesn't do it for you, you might try checking the archives of
the news.software.nntp newsgroup (via Google groups) where we have had
many many conversations along these lines.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org