INN::Config Perl module

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Sep 16 17:23:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am in the middle of migrating innshellvars.pl to INN::Config
and I have some questions before committing (so that I do not
do useless work and to make sure everything is OK).

* I have created trunk/lib/perl/INN/Config.pm.in (Config.pm
  is generated at configure time) and trunk/lib/perl/Makefile;
  a configure option --with-libperl-dir (=${libdir}/perl by
  default) allows to change the install directory (in case
  some packages will want to put INN::Config with all the
  other Perl modules).  Is that OK?

* I will remove scripts/innshellvars.pl and glue for it,
  and update everything to use INN::Config instead.
  Is that all right?

* I cannot use "use strict" in Config.pm because of the
  evaluation of "innconfval -p" (new variables are not
  see by Perl and I do not know how to get round that
  and, first of all, whether it is possible).

* In backends/send-uucp.in, there is a call to uustat iff
  $INN::Config::have_uustat is defined.  But there is no
  parameter which has this name.  And it makes "perl -w"
  complain with the new INN::Config.  What should I do?  Drop
  the reference to uustat or add a search of uustat at
  configure time and add $have_uustat in Config.pm?

* In contrib/makeexpctl.in, $oldtime is not defined.
  I am not sure of what I should put for it.  An idea?

  $readfile="$INN::Config::pathdb/readgroups";
  if (open(RDF, $readfile)) {
    while (<RDF>) {
      chop;
      @foo=split(/ /); # foo[0] should be group, foo[1] lastreadtime
-->   if ($foo[1] < $oldtime) {
        next; # skip entries that are too old.
      }
      $groups{$foo[0]} = $foo[1];
  }
  close(RDF);
  }

* In control/controlchan.in, there is a reference to INN::Syslog;
  what is it?  An existing INN Perl module?

* I will have to update control/pgpverify.in; I hope you (speaking
  to Russ) do not mind.

Well, that's all for the time being.  I have not finished
to review all the Perl scripts.  Maybe I will have other
questions afterwards.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- C'est joli cette avenue le long de la mer... Ça s'appelle comment ?
  -- La promenade des Bretons. » (Astérix)