Towards a 2.4.4 release

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Apr 3 16:36:20 UTC 2008

Hi William,

> That would be very nice.  I know I may sound like a broken record but will
> this 2.4.4 release have the fix for this ongoing bug in connection.c,
> i.e.?
> assertion -- cxn != NULL -- failed in file connection.c line 1276
>
> If not fix in the 2.4.4 version will it be fix in the 2.5 version that you
> hope to release?

I told you last year that lots of these assertions errors were cleaned up
by Russ in INN 2.5.  I do not see any error on my INN 2.5 but I have a
very little feed so I believe it should be tested on a news server with
a full feed and several dozens of peers.

Has someone done that here?

> To me it isn't worth the time upgrading our INN 2.4.2 till this bug for
> connection.c is fix.

No problem, INN 2.4.2 is fine too :-)
Unfortunately, I do not have time to backport everything from INN 2.5
but if someone has time, a patch for INN 2.4.4 is of course welcomed.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Vita breuis, ars longa, occasio praeceps,
  experimentum pericolosum, iudicium difficile. » (Hippocrate)