Towards a 2.4.4 release

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Apr 3 16:34:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, William Kronert wrote:

> That would be very nice.  I know I may sound like a broken record but will
> this 2.4.4 release have the fix for this ongoing bug in connection.c,
> i.e.?
> assertion -- cxn != NULL -- failed in file connection.c line 1276

As far as I know we have never tracked down the source of this message.

But is it actually causing you any problems?

Anyway, if you want to tell me what function line 1276 belongs to in your
version (it looks like the line numbers have changed), I'll take another
look.

> To me it isn't worth the time upgrading our INN 2.4.2 till this bug for
> connection.c is fix.

I actually would still recommend updating.  INN's minor revisions are
predominently bugfixes, probably worth having, and the update process
should take a matter of a few minutes and is unlikely to cause problems.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org