Towards a 2.4.4 release

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Apr 3 17:19:53 UTC 2008

Hi William,

> Yes, I do remember you mentioning Russ's 2.5.  I guess I am not
> understanding something.  Where do you get Russ's 2.5 version or is this
> the same 2.5 that you are currently working on and hasn't been released
> yet (stable version that is)?

Russ's 2.5 is the same version as the 2.5 on which we are currently working.
The STABLE version is the 2.4 branch and the future 2.5 branch is the CURRENT
version.  You can download it there:

    http://news.eyrie.org/software/inn/snapshots/

These are nightly snapshots of the Subversion development tree.

Feel free to test INN 2.5 if you want (and do not do a "make update" because
some configuration files have changed since the 2.4 version and such changes
aren't still documented in an upgrade procedure; it is safer to install it
on a separate folder with innd listening to another port).

> I never did get this error till I started adding a lot of peers.  I don't
> think it is the number of peers but the more peers you have the greater
> the chances are of a peer replying out of order (as Russ thought that was
> the causing of it).  We currently have 50 peers, I never noticed it till
> we got pass the 20 or so mark of peers.

All right.  Thanks for that information.

> I average about 12-18 of these errors/day.

That's a lot, indeed.

> It may not be a big deal to
> some but as far as I am concern it is a bug that causes your innfeed to
> restart, anything that causes this is not a good thing, in my opinion and
> needs fixing.

Furthermore, it generates innfeed.dropped files!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Non omnia possumus omnes. » (Virgile)