Towards a 2.4.4 release

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Apr 3 17:25:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, William Kronert wrote:

> Yes, I do remember you mentioning Russ's 2.5.  I guess I am not
> understanding something.  Where do you get Russ's 2.5 version or is this
> the same 2.5 that you are currently working on and hasn't been released
> yet (stable version that is)?

It all refers to the prerelease 2.5 (also known as CURRENT).  You can get
nightly snapshots from the isc.org FTP server.  Your mileage may vary, of
course, but many of us run it without any problems.

> I average about 12-18 of these errors/day.  It may not be a big deal to
> some but as far as I am concern it is a bug that causes your innfeed to
> restart, anything that causes this is not a good thing, in my opinion and
> needs fixing.

Sure -- but please do understand that there are a lot of things in INN
that need fixing, and very little developer time to go around.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org