innfeed, bindaddress, force-ipv4, ipv6

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Apr 15 19:50:06 UTC 2008

Hi Miquel,

> Hmm, I sent a reply to this message that included a patch
> yesterday, but where did it go ?

Yet, I received it well on April, 14th.

> Because the mailinglist appears to eat attachments, both patches
> are included inline below.

I have asked ISC to see whether it is possible to change that in
order to allow to post MIME attachments here.

> Here is the patch for inn-2.4.3. It also applies to -STABLE
> if the force-ipv4 patch is reverted first. So, there's also a
> patch to do just that.

Thanks.  However, I am not sure whether it is good to revert
a long-standing patch like that in STABLE:  force-ipv4 has
been in STABLE snapshots for almost two years...
And it would break innfeed's config file if it were removed.

Your patch is very great; thank you again for it.  However,
I prefer to commit such a change to CURRENT.
Perhaps I am wrong but I believe it is cleaner to do that.

Well, another reason for not delaying too long the release
of INN 2.5 :-)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Et souvenez-vous ! La seule chose que nous ayons à craindre,
  c'est que le ciel nous tombe sur la tête !
  -- ...Et souvenez-vous, Romains, la seule chose que nous ayons
  à craindre, c'est les Gaulois ! » (Astérix)