innfeed, bindaddress, force-ipv4, ipv6

"Miquel van Smoorenburg" list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Tue Apr 15 21:04:23 UTC 2008

In article <DD3C4EB255B64C04854E8F6F5999A8F2 at Iulius>,
Julien ÉLIE  <julien at trigofacile.com> wrote:
>Hi Miquel,
>
>> Hmm, I sent a reply to this message that included a patch
>> yesterday, but where did it go ?
>
>Yet, I received it well on April, 14th.

It appears that I don't always see my own messages. Weird.

Anyway, note that this version has been slightly changed:
instead of using '*' (ipv4) and '::' (ipv6) as wildcards
for bindaddress(6), you have to use 'all' or 'any' just
like bindaddress(6) in inn.conf and innfeed.conf in 2.5

>> Here is the patch for inn-2.4.3. It also applies to -STABLE
>> if the force-ipv4 patch is reverted first. So, there's also a
>> patch to do just that.
>
>Thanks.  However, I am not sure whether it is good to revert
>a long-standing patch like that in STABLE:  force-ipv4 has
>been in STABLE snapshots for almost two years...

Oh. But it's not in CURRENT. So it has never been in any
released version of inn and it's also not in the development version.

>And it would break innfeed's config file if it were removed.

It will do that if you upgrade to 2.5 too...

Anyway. I'll rewrite the patch to apply to STABLE while
keeping ipv4-only working as an alias for 'bindaddress: none'.
Should we do that for 2.5 as well ? If not, why do you want
it in 2.4 ?

Mike.
Reply to the list or to "Miquel van Smoorenburg" <miquels at cistron.nl>