inews -h fails to post when authinfo is required

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Sun Apr 20 00:02:05 UTC 2008

On Apr 13, Julien ÉLIE <julien at trigofacile.com> wrote:

> -       if (i != NNTP_POSTOK_VAL)
> -            die("you do not have permission to post");
> +        if (i != NNTP_POSTOK_VAL) {
> +            /* We try to authenticate in case it is all the same possible
> +             * to post. */
> +            if (NNTPsendpassword((char *)NULL, FromServer, ToServer) < 0)
> +                die("you do not have permission to post");
Interesting, I just noticed that the same code which was added to the
INN 1.x debian package (apparently by Chip Salzenberg, probably about
8 years ago. There is no specific changelog entry).

(Advertisement: I maintain a well patched version of INN 1.x useful for
smaller sites. But I have no clue about how to build it on non-Debian
systems...)

--
ciao,
Marco