Configuration Question

Lufkin, Brad (Mission Systems) brad.lufkin at ngc.com
Wed Aug 20 19:11:13 UTC 2008

I initially built INN using version 2.4.4 with the following options:

--prefix=<someDir>
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl

I now want to build it using version 2.4.5 with the following options:

--prefix=<someDir>
--with-openssl=/usr/sfw
--enable-ipv6
--with-sendmail=/usr/sbin/sendmail
--with-python
--with-perl
--enable-shared
--with-log-compress=/usr/bin/bzip2
--enable-keywords
--enable-largefiles

What changes do I have to make to allow me to do a "make update" instead
of a "make install" since I don't want to clobber all the configuration
files that I've setup? I realize that enable-largefiles will cause a
problem since it was not turned on before. Is it enough to just rebuild
the database after the "make update"? Any other issues I've overlooked?
Thanks, Brad