XGTITLE and XPAT

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Aug 25 06:23:41 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

> If you keep the command, you have to keep the return codes.  It's part of
> the command.  XGTITLE has always used those return codes.

Understood.  Thus, there is no change to do here.

>> The most private extension is for sure MODE CANCEL :)
>
> That one I'd not do the way it currently is, actually; the MODE thing is a
> bad idea, and just adding a separate CANCEL command advertised in
> CAPABILITIES would be better.

Do you think we should change that in CURRENT?

MODE CANCEL
<test at test>
<test2 at test2>

would become

CANCEL <test at test>
CANCEL <test2 at test2>

perl-nocem (amongst other scripts I suppose) has also to be modified for
that behaviour.

Still only Unix domain sockets allowed?
Or possibly an option in incoming.conf and why not in readers.conf?

(Maybe it will be more difficult for nnrpd because the current implementation
uses NCcancel and CCcancel not available from nnrpd.)

> XBATCH is probably weirder than the MODE CANCEL stuff.  :)

Amusing thing, indeed.

XBATCH 1

creates a new file containing "a" in the incoming directory!

(A new use of INN to transmit documents between two computers.  :) )

--
Julien ÉLIE

« E Roma nemo te diuidet omen amore. »