newsgroups with mailinglist support

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Feb 6 17:55:00 UTC 2008

David Hláčik wrote:
> Hi to all , i am looking for a solution to provide :
> News Groups (local) mirrored with mailinglists
> Best solution i see is INN + mailman.
>
> What i am looking for is some script which will make my life easier.
>
> I want to be able to automatically create News Group with same Mailinglist
> name .
> I want to be able to have a user -based access to a particular news groups.

I did a mail to news gateway script years ago which had a database with
a header line to match and a group name, and I maintained that by hand.
Unless all of the lists have exactly the same format (mine didn't), you
will get surprises trying to do it automatically. I marked the groups as
moderated with the list submission address as the moderator address.
That worked for what I was doing, some or all of these ideas might be
useful in your case.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still