Question about news feeds

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Jul 12 17:03:05 UTC 2008

Hi Brad,

> Neither has any complaints. I should have said that the error I'm
> getting is "no permission to talk: 502 permission denied". Sorry.

Did you reload your configuration files?
(ctlinnd reload all '')

If serverA receives that error from serverB, I believe nnrpd handles
its connection (instead of innd).  Therefore, you will have a log in
news.notice where you will find the IP serverB thought serverA had
when it connected.

You can also try to telnet serverB from serverA.

If innd answers, you will have:

18:58 iulius at news ~% telnet localhost 119
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 news.trigofacile.com InterNetNews server INN 2.5.0 (20080629 prerelease) ready

while if nnrpd answers, the banner is different.  It specifies "NNRP", like that:

19:00 iulius at news ~% telnet localhost 119
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
201 news.trigofacile.com InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.0 (20080629 prerelease) ready (no posting).
ihave <test at pouet.fr>
502 Permission denied

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Être raisonnable en toutes circonstances. Il faudrait être fou... » (Raymond Devos)