innreport generates XHTML 1.1 with CSS

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jun 6 21:09:10 UTC 2008

Hi Alexander,

> I did not touch version number and copyright notice.
> Under what license is innreport, anyway?

I have no idea!  Does someone have an idea here?
I see that innpeer-stats, one of his others programs,
is under GPLv2 <http://www.sofaraway.org/projects/innpeer-stats/>.

Can we change
    innreport 3.0.5 (c) 1996-1999 by fabien tassin
    innreport 3.1.0 (c) 1996-2008 by Fabien Tassin
?

or cannot we change the version and the years associated with his name?

> This is a patch against subversion trunk.

Thanks a lot!
The HTML is indeed far better (with a nice red color).

> innreport now generates XHTML 1.1 using a CSS.

Just a little question:  why do you specify it is text/html in
while the right media type for XHTML is application/xhtml+xml, especially
for 1.1 (and not 1.0 which can be HTML compatible)?

> Added four optional parameters to innreport.conf
> - html_xhtml11_icon (default: http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-xhtml11
> - html_vcss_icon (default: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/images/vcss)
> - html_encoding (default: ISO-8859-1)
> - html_css_url

That's very great!

By the way:

    +  by fabien tassin <<a href="mailto:fta\@sofaraway.org">
    +  fta\@sofaraway.org</a>>$footer

The line break adds a useless space after "<".

Do you mind if we add credits for you in the POD documentation and the script?
Moreover, Alexander, do you want your name to be put at the bottom of generated
pages? ("CSS by Alexander Bartolich", or anything else -- just tell me)
Are your changes GPLv2? :-)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Une fois rien, c'est rien ; deux fois rien, c'est pas beaucoup,
  mais pour trois fois rien, on peut déjà acheter quelque chose,
  et pour pas cher. » (Raymond Devos)