innreport generates XHTML 1.1 with CSS

Alexander Bartolich alexander.bartolich at gmx.at
Sat Jun 7 16:12:51 UTC 2008

Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> [...]
> Just a little question:  why do you specify it is text/html in

The MIME type is determined through HTTP. Browsers always ignored that part
of "http-equiv".

 > while the right media type for XHTML is application/xhtml+xml, especially
 > for 1.1 (and not 1.0 which can be HTML compatible)?

IE 6 gives a you a download dialog instead of rendered HTML with the correct
MIME type. Some people claim that you should either serve correct MIME type or
not use XHTML at all. Well, I like the possibility to process HTML with XSLT.

> [...]
> By the way:
>
>     +  by fabien tassin <<a href="mailto:fta\@sofaraway.org">
>     +  fta\@sofaraway.org</a>>$footer
>
> The line break adds a useless space after "<".

I guess you mean ">". Moving that character to the next line should do.

+  by fabien tassin <<a href="mailto:fta\@sofaraway.org"
+  >fta\@sofaraway.org</a>>$footer

> Do you mind if we add credits for you in the POD documentation and the script?

Of course not.

> Moreover, Alexander, do you want your name to be put at the bottom of generated
> pages? ("CSS by Alexander Bartolich", or anything else -- just tell me)

Difficult question. Adding every single contributor by name could get excessively long.

> Are your changes GPLv2? :-)

Well, I do prefer the GPL. But then I just want my changes to get included and will
agree to any reasonable license. For example the maintainers of Cleanfeed (which is
under Artistic License) would have to reject contributions under GPL, since that
would make the whole of Cleanfeed GPL.

Ciao

     Alexander.