innreport generates XHTML 1.1 with CSS

Alexander Bartolich alexander.bartolich at gmx.at
Mon Jun 9 21:32:59 UTC 2008

Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> [...]
> Having @HTTPDIR@ is indeed a great idea, Alexander.  It will be proper
> than any other thing.
> Do you want me to add @HTTPDIR@ to configure?
>
> (I ask just in case you have already done that... No need to work twice!)

No, I did not touch configure yet.

If I understand you correctly you want to add an option --httpdir=DIR
that overrides the value of $INN::Config::pathhttp?
This can get confusing since there already is
   --htmldir=DIR          html documentation [DOCDIR]

> Thus, people will be able to set whatever they want.
>
> As for the default value, I do not know what is the best between:
>
>   * pathlog/http
>   * pathlog/www
>   * pathnews/www
>   * another one?
>
> (pathlog == pathnews/log)

Hmm. On Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora pathnews resolves to "/usr/lib/news"
while pathlog is set to "/var/log/news".

Anyway, for the subdirectory Apache defaults to "/htdocs/", Debian and
Fedora use "/var/www/", and web hosters often extend that scheme to
/var/www/account.name/html/. IMHO the most consistent option would be
   --httpdir=DIR, $pathhttp and pathnews/http
but
   --wwwdir=DIR, $pathhttp and pathnews/www
also looks acceptable.

Ciao

     Alexander.