innreport generates XHTML 1.1 with CSS

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 9 22:24:28 UTC 2008

Alexander Bartolich <alexander.bartolich at gmx.at> writes:

> No, I did not touch configure yet.
>
> If I understand you correctly you want to add an option --httpdir=DIR
> that overrides the value of $INN::Config::pathhttp?
> This can get confusing since there already is
>   --htmldir=DIR          html documentation [DOCDIR]

I think we can just use @httpdir@ and possibly change its default as
needed.

> Anyway, for the subdirectory Apache defaults to "/htdocs/", Debian and
> Fedora use "/var/www/", and web hosters often extend that scheme to
> /var/www/account.name/html/. IMHO the most consistent option would be
>   --httpdir=DIR, $pathhttp and pathnews/http
> but
>   --wwwdir=DIR, $pathhttp and pathnews/www
> also looks acceptable.

Note that there's no way to tell Autoconf to create a new --*dir option;
the only ones supported are the ones hard-coded into Autoconf.
configure.ac files can only add --with-* options and --enable-* options.
That's why INN has a bunch of --with-* options that ideally should be
--*dir options.