INN 2.4.4 and Thunderbird

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Jun 26 20:09:50 UTC 2008

Hi Brad,

> I've just configured INN 2.4.4 on a Sun Solaris 10 machine.  I configured
> it to use SSL.  I'm able to connect using Outlook Express but I get a
> "580 SSL connection failure" when I try to connect with either
> Thunderbird or Mozilla.

Strange.
Is it possible to know the DNS of your news server in order to test
a connection to it with Thunderbird? (only open one newsgroup in read-only
if your server is private -- or you can send me in private your DNS)

Did you try with INN 2.4.5? (although connection should be handled in the
same way)

    ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/inn/testing/inn-2.4.5.tar.gz

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Alea iacta est, comme je dis toujours. » (César)