Change of two fields in overview.fmt

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Mar 23 15:08:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> I would say compatibility... There may be one or two /really correct/
> clients which check what they are getting, but in general they assume
> default and anything else will produce undesirable behavior (of some
> magnitude).

Keep in mind that this isn't changing the results of the actual overview
data, just the results of the LIST OVERVIEW.FMT commands.

If existing clients assume the default, that suggests they're not even
checking LIST OVERVIEW.FMT and therefore this change wouldn't break them.

Anyway, I think we should probably have an inn.conf parameter for this,
and then the only question is what the default should be.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org