API calls removed from db4.2

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon May 5 18:50:18 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

> If you can get away with it, my recommendation would be to drop support
> for all Berkeley DB versions older than something.  I don't know a good
> value of something, but for CURRENT I'd be tempted to even assume 4.6.  It
> would let you delete a whole ton of ifdef nonsense from the ovdb backend,
> and I find it rather unlikely that anyone's seriously attempting to use
> ovdb with some of those ancient versions and a current INN.  2.x and 3.x
> are particularly lost causes at this point.

We would indeed have a more readable code!

According to what I see, we can even support Berkeley DB >= 4.4 without
*any* ifdef (well, strictly speaking, only one to say DB 4.4 or more
is needed).

The patch for 4.5/4.6 by Marco only changed something which had been
supported since 4.0 and dropped in 4.5.

It looks as though their API were currently more stable...
But we also do not use new features...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Mais je leur ai simplement demandé si c'était la bonne route !!!
  -- Ils nous ont fait une 'éponse de No'mand ! » (Astérix)