innbind fatal error

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed May 7 08:28:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

I think it might be better to report that because it has just happened again.
I have a fatal error with innbind on CURRENT:

    news.crit:May  7 09:45:36 news innbind: unknown protocol family 10 in 4,10,::,11119

The previous ones were last month:

    news.crit.19.gz:Apr 18 18:18:33 news innbind: unknown protocol family 10 in 4,10,::,11119
    news.crit.19.gz:Apr 18 18:20:13 news innbind: unknown protocol family 10 in 3,10,::,11119

And I never had them before.

I read in the POD documentation:

    unknown protocol family %s in %s
        (Fatal) The protocol number portion of the given command-line argument is
        neither AF_INET nor AF_INET6.

I do not know what can trigger that error off.  Do you think it can be linked to
connectivity issues and not to INN?

Note that Miquel's bindaddress patch for CURRENT innfeed does not generate
the problem because it was committed on April, 25th (the first error dates back to the 18th).

Also note that INN still works fine after that error; it is just annoying that innwatch
sends me a mail!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Allons, reprends du poil de l'homme ! » (Astérix)