pullnews - bugfix, wishlist, new features

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue May 27 19:15:18 UTC 2008

Hi Geraint,

> Yes, my latest thought is to apply the principle of least surprise (aka
> backwards compatibility with bugs?), and put the current bug(?) back in
> and add yet another option -- e.g.

No problem, that's a good idea.
Furthermore, Bill here is found of Plauger's Law of Least Astonishment :-)

> Version 'g5' now uploaded with a couple of other changes.

Just committed (to CURRENT for the moment).  Thanks again!

We can obviously drop:

    -B<pullnews> is very simple and is lacking in more sophisticated features
    -(like killing articles based on user-defined conditions) that better pull
    -feeders most certainly have.  It also doesn't keep or log much detail on
    -articles transferred.

:)

I have reread everything and fixed some POD commands and wordings in order
to have a better homogeneity with the rest of INN.  I also detabified the script.

Is pullnews better than suck now? (*grin*)

Have a nice evening,

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Inter pradendum sit saepe parumque bibendum. »