Development releases for ISC

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Nov 17 12:12:40 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

>> According to ISC version numbering, it would be INN 2.5.0b1 for the first
>> beta release.
>> I suggest to add an optional variable to "support/mksnapshot":
>>
>> ./mksnapshot b1
>>
>> would generate inn-2.5.0b1 with a README.beta file.
>
> Sure, that sounds excellent.

Done with:
    support/mksnapshot BETA 1

The command
    support/mksnapshot CURRENT
is unchanged.

>> Do you agree to generate inn-2.5.0b1 with the following process?
>
> Go for it.  I don't think there's a tremendous reason to delay 2.5.0
> further.  There's always more stuff to be done, but it's a fairly
> substantial improvement over 2.4 already.

There are still pending patches from a few people.  And finishing the
implementation of RFC 3977 for nnrpd (there is not much to do and I will
try to go on soon).
But it is not a reason to delay a beta release.  I will generate it when
ISC has fixed their issues with their web site.  Downloading INN 2.4.5
is currently impossible...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Les idées fausses ne sont pas toujours mauvaises. » (Marcel Aymé)