buffindex, ovdb, tradindexed .... but how to 'disable' headers

Christiaan den Besten chris at prolocation.net
Thu Nov 27 22:21:50 UTC 2008

Hi !

Reading the postings on 'buffindexed', remember me of something I tried to
do the other day : disable headers on one of our 'binary' inn-spools. Just
disabling it in the innd.conf is not a option, the installation is for
client access, not a feeder.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for clients to be able to download articles
(using .nzb's) we only need the history file, right?

I tried a 'small' buffindexed overview (but it might have been >4Gb, this
could explain why it broke down on me after a small amount of time) but this
didn't work.

So the question :What would be the best method (if possible) to limit the
headers a much as possible without losing the ability to download articles
from the spool ... ?

bye,
Chris