libtool and links to libraries

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Nov 30 16:33:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to use "--enable-libtool" at configure time.
Though the news server starts, I cannot read articles.
POST works well but for instance ARTICLE does not:

ARTICLE 133
- nnrpd: localhost.localdomain article: symbol lookup error:
- nnrpd: localhost.localdomain article: undefined symbol: IsValidArticleNumber
Connection closed by foreign host.

This function is in:
  include/inn/libinn.h
  lib/numbers.c

libinn.h is linked in nnrpd.o and then available in <pathlib>/libinn.so.

Does someone know how libtool works?  A missing flag during the make process?

IsValidArticleNumber is one of a few functions I added to INN 2.5.0; should
have I done something for it to work with libtool?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Pas question de faire voler un tapis volé ! » (Astérix)