Innd.conf

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Sep 1 16:37:44 UTC 2008

Hi Gert,

> Is there someplace in innd.conf I can setup for having innd to make merge to
> old articles and make new articles and put articles into groups.

Just remove the headers of your old articles and use inews:

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/inews.html

(inews can also handle old articles with their headers:  see "inews -h".)

> In my innd.conf I have :
> Mergetogroups:  false
>
> But when I trying to set is with Yes will innd not run.

It's normal if you do not have the "to" group.

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/inn.conf.html

mergetogroups:

    Whether to file all postings to to.* groups in the pseudonewsgroup to.
    If this is set to true, the newsgroup to must exist in the active file or
    INN will not start.  (See the discussion of to. groups in innd(8) under
    CONTROL MESSAGES.)  This is a boolean value and the default is false.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Dieu a créé l'homme. Et ensuite, pour le remercier,
  l'homme a créé Dieu. » (Philippe Geluck)