Scaling issue

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Apr 10 04:43:27 UTC 2009

I have a possible use for INN since the NNTP protocol is ideal for this
application, how many groups will it handle before it becomes
impractical because of scaling issues? Has anyone pushed the number of
groups up to say 2-7 million? Posting is slow, maybe 2-50 messages/day
per group, readership is estimated to run 10-2000 groups per reader.

Any thoughts at that scale? I am clearly trying to fit a different
problem, using readily available servers.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
    - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.