Obsolete RETSIGTYPE

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Apr 11 17:38:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

According to the autoconf documentation, AC_TYPE_SIGNAL is obsolete.

- Macro: AC_TYPE_SIGNAL

    If signal.h declares signal as returning a pointer to a function
    returning void, define RETSIGTYPE to be void; otherwise, define
    it to be int.  These days, it is portable to assume C89, and that
    signal handlers return void, without needing to use this macro
    or RETSIGTYPE.

    When targetting older K&R C, it is possible to define signal handlers
    as returning type RETSIGTYPE, and omit a return statement:

              RETSIGTYPE
              hup_handler ()
              {
              }

Should we keep it or should we remove AC_TYPE_SIGNAL and replace RETSIGTYPE
by void in INN source code?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« J'aime le travail, je passerais des heures à le regarder. »