innfeed - "blocked sleeping 120" errors"

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Apr 15 17:30:30 UTC 2009

Hi Petr,

> I "downgrade" inn-CURRENT-20090414 innfeed on our test server:
>
> -          family = "IPv4";
> +          family = xstrdup("IPv4");
>
> I set up 70 "virtual" (without running innd) peers, and innfeed began to
> consume memory (without any articles). No problem with original 20090414
> innfeed.

That's great!

> Yes, I decrease some timers in innfeed.conf.

:)

> Thanks, and sorry about I run old 20090327, and ask you questions!

You're welcome Petr.
If only you had had the snapshot of the following day... :-)

I should have told you sooner about that change in innfeed.  In fact,
I was far from thinking that such xstrdup() calls could have generated
a memory leak of 350 MB in each innfeed process!

I'm glad the issue is now solved.
It was worrying about it for the coming release of INN 2.5.0.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Cette apostrophe me déconcerte et me réduit au silence,
  parce que l'homme sensible comme moi, tout entier à ce qu'on lui objecte,
  perd la tête, et ne se retrouve qu'au bas de l'escalier. » (Denis Diderot)