Question about "<news>/db/history" file size

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Apr 22 18:48:28 UTC 2009

Hi Petr,

> Yes, you are certainly right. But I am more interested in the practical
> side of the issue. With something like this success story: "my history
> file size is ~20 GBytes, daily expire process uses ~5 GBytes of memory
> (and works ~1 hour), no problem".

Is it makehistory which uses that amount of RAM?
(Maybe there is a memory leak somewhere?)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« You have no *right* to dictate my mail policy.  Nobody has a *right* to
  email me.  Providing a mail server to allow people to contact me is a
  *privilege* I grant to people that can be withdrawn at will. »
  (Peter Corlett in the SDM)