RFC 5536 and the O flag in INN's newsfeeds

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Dec 27 20:46:24 UTC 2009

Hi Ray,

> OTOH, the O flag in INN's newsfeeds file relies on the contents of the
> is supposed to be obsoleted by the Injection-Info header, are there any
> plans to change innd in order to provide origin-based feeds based on the information provided by the Injection-Info: header rather
> than the X-Trace: header?

Yes, it is on my imminent to-do list (== paper on my desk).
It will use Injection-Info: if present.  Otherwise X-Trace if present.

I have lots of pending things like what I have just committed ("cmsg "
at start of Subject: generated an automatic Control: line, obsolete
sendsys, senduuname and version control messages, a few obsolete headers)
or add POSTED in Path: if addinjectionpostinghost is set to true,
fix Path:full in the overview data, change how IHAVE is handled by
nnrpd, add posting-account attribute in Injection-Info: headers,
a wrong NEWNEWS distribution parameter in nntpget, etc.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder :)
It's pleasing to see that someone has noticed that something was not
working like it should, consecutively to a functional change.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Avez-vous remarqué qu'à table les mets que l'on vous sert vous mettent
  les mots à la bouche ? » (Raymond Devos)