HDR/OVER/XPAT and keyword generation

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Nov 6 18:22:34 UTC 2009

Hi Nix,

>> We can change the behaviour of keyword generation.
>> Does someone think we should go on regenerating the Keywords: header
>> of articles which already have one?
>
> (not me, but you already know that)
>
>> And also, just set it to "5" and wait for an article containing
>> a Keywords: header.  (It also crashes with an article containing a
>> very long Keywords: header, with the default "512" value.)
>> Because of a memcpy().
>
> Oops! :/

In case you did not notice, I've just committed a patch for that
and updated the documentation accordingly:
    http://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/8708/trunk

* The keyword generation code now generates a Keywords: header only
if the original article does not already have one.

* Fixed a segfault because of a possible invalid pointer beyond
the allocated Keywords: header.

* In case the generated Keywords: header is empty, nothing will
be retained (because "Keywords: \r\n" is an invalid header).

* The generated Keywords: header now does not begin with a comma.

I believe the code now does the right thing.
In case you still have issues with it, do not hesitate to tell!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« La science consiste à passer d'un étonnement à l'autre. » (Aristote)