Call for INN 2.5.2 testing (new NNTP RFC 3977)

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Nov 18 21:11:31 UTC 2009

Hi Ray,

> The closer I look the more I get confused:
>
> Nov 17 04:47:55 xxx.xxx.xxx.xx nnrpd[8520]: filter: Checking message <slrn20091109075439.943.twooffive at may.eternal-september.org>
> Nov 17 04:47:55 xxx.xxx.xxx.xx innd: localhost:172 bad_messageid <slrn20091109075439.943.twooffive at may.eternal-september.org>
> [...]
> Nov 17 13:59:57 188.40.43.213 nnrpd[3373]: nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn post ok <slrn20091109075439.943.twooffive at may.eternal-september.org>
>

> This explains why the article exists on the server, but not why it was rejected on the first attempt and accepted on the second.
> Looking at the time, I assume that at 04:47:55 the server was still running inn-STABLE-20091115 and I changed to
> inn-STABLE-20091116
> some time between 05:00 and 05:30.

The new parser was already in inn-STABLE-20091115 (but not before).
inn-STABLE-20091116 only added logs at two more places in the code.
So it should have changed nothing.

It seems like Mike had problems with Eternal-September only one time
(he posted through aioe):

Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:00:29 -0500

All his other posts in 24hoursupport.helpdesk were made through your
server.

I used "XHDR X-No-Bananas 40000-" on aioe to find his posts :)

Did his last post generate a bad_messageid on your server?

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:51:28 -0500

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Medicorum nutrix est intemperantia. »