Incremental Sync between Inn Servers

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Oct 1 18:02:44 UTC 2009

Hi Zhenyu,

> Is there any method can synchronize articles between two NNTP servers incrementally?

What do you want exactly?
(Slave mode for the second news server? -- see xrefslave in inn.conf)

> 1. Using Innfeed command through Channel mode, is it correct?
>   1.1 Does "Channel mode" supply incremental sync?

What do you call "incremental sync"?

>   1.2 If "Channel mode" doesn't supply incremental sync, we need to use Funnel-file mode to sync remote NNTP server, right? Is
> there document introduce the format information of funnel file?

See the newsfeeds(5) man page.  It is where you specify the format
(with the W option):
    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs/newsfeeds.html

> 2. I noticed that there is some tools can bridge NNTP news to RSS, is there any native component inside inn can support that
> feature.

No there isn't natively.

> You know some times people usually behind firewall, http request is the most popular way to access news server.

You could also run nnrpd on port 80...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« L'art de la médecine consiste à distraire le malade
  pendant que la nature le guérit. » (Voltaire)