HDR/OVER/XPAT and keyword generation

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Oct 20 19:31:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

Keyword generation patently breaks HDR/OVER/XPAT.
As a matter of fact, if "Keywords:full" is a overview field and
keyword generation is used, "HDR keywords", "OVER" and "XPAT keywords"
will return a value computed by INN and *not* the real value of
the Keywords: header...

What should be done?

Just mention the fact in the inn.conf man page?

I think the nicest thing would be to have a :keywords metadata item...

"HDR keywords" would give the contents of the real Keywords: header
and "HDR :keywords" would give the contents of the computed Keywords:
header...
But I doubt clients know how to deal with that...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Chef ! On vient !
  -- On se met en carré ?