HDR/OVER/XPAT and keyword generation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Oct 20 22:26:26 UTC 2009

On 20 Oct 2009, julien at trigofacile.com stated:

> Hi,
>
> Keyword generation patently breaks HDR/OVER/XPAT.
> As a matter of fact, if "Keywords:full" is a overview field and
> keyword generation is used, "HDR keywords", "OVER" and "XPAT keywords"
> will return a value computed by INN and *not* the real value of
> the Keywords: header...
>
> What should be done?

I thought the point of keyword generation was that it kicked in only
for those posts that *don't* already have a keywords header?

... but, hm, it looks like it appends generated keywords to the
existing keyword header value. That's really not ideal, is it :/

> "HDR keywords" would give the contents of the real Keywords: header
> and "HDR :keywords" would give the contents of the computed Keywords:
> header...
> But I doubt clients know how to deal with that...

I was assuming that the point of the keyword generation was that it
made those articles which didn't have keywords look as if they did,
leaving those which *did* have human-written keywords alone. But it
looks like that's not quite what it does...