Removing overview lines when cancelling articles

David E Mussulman mussulma at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 1 17:04:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:00:41PM -0600, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> Thanks again, Lars, for having reported the issue.  I believe that
> with these two patches, cancels work better!

Yes, thank you both.  I've noticed this bug a few times: tin shows new
articles in a newsgroup, only to open the group and find nothing.  The
common case for this in my stand-alone INN instance is the test group:
my users post a test message, then cancel it.

Using tradspool/tradindex and most likely the default configurations for
the overview/cache stuff, is it recommended to adjust some of those
values?  Or just wait for the patches to be incorporated into the next
release?  Or both?

Dave