Filters and multiple occurrences of headers

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jul 30 13:46:11 UTC 2010

Hi all,

> Note:  I will soon have a look at how our overview deals with
> duplicated headers in INN.  With INN 2.5.2, it returns an empty
> header when it appears more than once!  Both for OVER and HDR
> using overview.
> HDR works only when directly searching inside an article,
> and not the overview data.

Fixed in INN 2.5.3.  The content of the first occurrence is now
returned, in accordance with RFC 3977.
We previously had an empty field (header length was set to -1).

Duplicated headers for mandatory headers like Date: and Subject:
are still properly handled, and the article rejected.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Il faut mettre un frein à l'immobilisme. »