Call for inncheck testing

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Jul 7 11:22:28 UTC 2011

Hi Alexander,

>>> innconfval: /etc/news/inn.conf:175: unknown parameter tlscapath
>>> innconfval: /etc/news/inn.conf:176: unknown parameter tlscertfile
>>> innconfval: /etc/news/inn.conf:177: unknown parameter tlskeyfile
>>
>> Would it mean that the Ubuntu package is not compiled with TLS
>> support and, yet, ships these keys in its default inn.conf file? If
>> that is the case, they should change it. Our (upstream) inn.conf
>> sample has these lines commented.
>
> Ubuntu 10.04 ships INN 2.5.1. Parameters tlscapath, tlscertfile and
> tlskeyfile are the correct and documented way to configure TLS
> support with that version of INN.

Yes they are the correct parameters, but only understood when TLS
support is compiled.
That is why I wonder why these parameters are set if INN is not compiled
with TLS support.

#ifdef HAVE_SSL
     { K(tlscafile),               STRING    ("") },
     { K(tlscapath),               STRING  (NULL) },
     { K(tlscertfile),             STRING  (NULL) },
     { K(tlskeyfile),              STRING  (NULL) },
#endif /* HAVE_SSL */

> Both messages specify the last line of a very long macro definition,
> i.e. something like
>
> $asnDATEMASalt=\
> alt.2600.*,\
> alt.3d.*,\
> alt.aapg.*,\
> alt.www.*,\
> alt.x.*
>
> The whole thing spans a few hundred lines.
> Interestingly
>
> grep -c '^\$' newsfeeds
>
> returns 33, but only 2 of them are flagged.

The longest ones?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Le cercle est le plus long chemin d'un point au même point. »
   (Tom Stoppard, _Every Good Boy Deserves Favour_)